When you want a healthy green lawn and landscape it starts with the right care regimen. Proper watering, mowing and fertilizing are crucial to the health of your lawn. When you take care of your turf with the proper watering, mowing and fertilizer you will be giving it a great foundation, and you'll head off many problems before they start. Unfortunately, weeds, diseases and insects are a part of life when it comes to your lawn and ornamentals. But having a professional arsenal of products a. Armed with the right knowledge, and products you can have the yard of envy.
Merit is the longest lasting broad spectrum grub control product available.
- Both preventive and curative
- Merit has a 10-year record of 90% efficacy on virtually every species of grub, other turf and ornamental pest insects.
- It even improves turf quality.
- Low use rate means low risk to you and other non-target organisms.
- Controls grubs. Also controls many other turf pests including chinch bugs and ants
Lawn and Turf Fungicides
Trying to control fungal diseases that affect your lawn can be difficult. The first step in control is to diagnose the problem correctly within your lawn. Take a close look at your lawn, brown patches can be caused by numerous other factors besides fungus. Excess drought injury, low mowing height, compacted soil, improper watering, or even dog urine are all causes of brown spots in the lawn. Also make sure the lawn is not being affected by insects such as sod webworms, chinch bugs or grubs.
If you are trying to determine whether your lawn problem is caused by insects or fungus pull up the damaged grass plants. Grass that is killed due to disease tends to remain attached to the soil, this will not be the case for insect damaged turf. To make things more difficult there are exceptions include root and crown rots caused by Fusarium blight or Helminthosporium leaf spot diseases, will soften the grass so that it pulls up easily from the soil. The following grasses tend to be vulnerable just to those fungal diseases listed after each name:
- Fine fescue: Dollar spot, Fusarium patch, leaf spot, powdery mildew, red thread.
- Tall fescue: Brown patch, leaf spot.
- Perennial ryegrass: Brown patch, dollar spot, rust, leaf spot, red thread, typhula blight.
- Kentucky bluegrass: Dollar spot, fusarium blight and patch, rust, leaf spot, powdery mildew, red thread, stripe smut.
- Lawn diseases are often caused by an underlying environmental condition that is stressing the grass plants. When your lawn is healthy it can easily defend itself from insects and diseases.
- Stress causing fungal lawn diseases can be caused by extreme weather conditions, over or under watering fertilizer overuse, improper mowing height and many more may stress grass plants.
- Some common fungal disease in lawns and turf are Powdery Mildew, which produces a powder like growth of leaves infected turf. Fusarium Patch, formerly known as Pink Snow Mold which produces yellowish patches from several inches to a foot in diameter which appears as soon as the snow begins to melt. Rust on turf is identified by the orange pustules that break through the leaf surface. Stipe Smut, Red Thread, Pythium Blight, and Fairy Ring.
We have the correct fungicide available so that you can treat your lawn and turf disease effectively like a professional. A Fungicide will not make your dead grass come alive again it will the disease from spreading further into your lawn. The sulfur based fungicides tend to work with most fungal diseases. By properly identifying the cause of your lawn and grass problems whether it is fungal, insect or other environmental caused stress will help you to be successful in controlling your lawn diseases.